Article 1-7 Ethiopian Constitution 1994
Article 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 of the Constitution of Ethiopia 1994 are under Chapter One of the Act. Chapter One is titled General Provisions.
Article 1 Ethiopian Constitution 1994
Nomenclature of the state
This Constitution establishes a Federal and Democratic State . structure. Accordingly, the Ethiopian state shall be known as The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia.
Article 2 Ethiopian Constitution 1994
Ethiopian Territorial Jurisdiction
The territorial jurisdiction of Ethiopia shall comprise the territory off the members of the Federation and its boundaries shall be as determined by international agreements.
Article 3 Ethiopian Constitution 1994
The Ethiopian Flag
1. The Ethiopian flag shall consist of green at the top, yellow in the middle and red at the bottom, and shall have a national emblem at the center. The three colours shall be set horizontally in equal dimension.
2. The national emblem on the flag shall reflect the hope of the Nations, Nationalities, Peoples as well as religious communities of Ethiopia to live together in equality and unity.
3. Members of the Federation may have their respective flags and emblems and shall determine the details thereof through their respective legislatures.
Article 4 Ethiopian Constitution 1994
National Anthem of Ethiopia
The national anthem of Ethiopia, to be determined by law, shall reflect the ideals of the Constitution, the Commitment of the Peoples of Ethiopia to live together in a democratic order and of their common destiny.
Article 5 Ethiopian Constitution 1994
1. All Ethiopian languages shall enjoy equal state recognition
2. Amharic shall be the working language of the Federal Government.
3. Members of the Federation may by law determine their respective working languages.
Article 6 Ethiopian Constitution 1994
1. Any person of either sex shall be an Ethiopian national where both or either parent is Ethiopian.
2. Foreign nationals may acquire Ethiopian nationality.
3. Particulars relating to nationality shall be determined by law.
Article 7 Ethiopian Constitution 1994
Provisions of this Constitution set out in the masculine gender shall also apply to the feminine gender.
Preamble to the Ethiopian Constitution 1994