Section 62 CAMA 2020
Section 62 Companies and Allied Matters Act is about Issue of certificate of incorporation on re-registration. It is under Chapter 2 (Re-registration Of Companies) of PART B (INCORPORATION OF COMPANIES AND INCIDENTAL MATTERS) of the Act.
Issue of certificate of incorporation on re-registration
(1) If, on an application for re-registration as a public company, the Commission is satisfied that the company is entitled to be re-registered, the company shall be re-registered accordingly.
(2) The Commission shall issue a certificate of incorporation altered to meet the circumstances of the case.
(3) The certificate shall state that it is issued on re-registration and the date on which it is issued.
(4) Upon the issue of the certificate—
(a) the company by virtue of the issue of the certificate becomes a public company ;
(b) the changes in the company’s name, memorandum and articles take
effect ; and
(c) where the application contained a statement of proposed secretary, the person or persons named in the statement as secretary or joint secretaries of the company are deemed to have been appointed to that office.
(5) The certificate is prima facie evidence that the requirements of this Act as to re-registration have been complied with.