Different organizations and individuals offer scholarship opportunities to Nigerian law students. Most of these scholarships focus on sponsoring law students through the law school. The Nigerian law school total fees amount to about #295,000 now in 2023. Below are some of the scholarship opportunities open to law students.
1. Age of the Legal Scholar
The Age of the Legal Scholar is an initiative of The Trusted Advisors, a top law firm in Nigeria. The competition is an opportunity for law students to showcase their oratory and writing prowess and win a scholarship to the law school!
The last edition of the competition featured finalists from all participants attending the concluding phase of the competition at a physical event organized by The Trusted Advisors. Out of whom three winners were selected and a grand prize of eight hundred thousand naira (#800,000) was awarded to the winner. Six hundred thousand naira (#600,000) was awarded to the second position. And the four hundred thousand naira (#400,000) to the third.
This opportunity is ONLY open to all final-year law students and graduates to be admitted to the next Nigerian Law School academic session. The competition features both essay and debate stages.
Application for the second edition of Age of Legal Scholar competition is Now closed.
2. Prada Uzodimma Law School Scholarship Grant (PUSG)
The Prada Uzodimma Law School Scholarship Grant (PUSG) is an annual educational and philanthropic project initiated by Prada O. Uzodimma, Esq, ACIArb in partnership with Principle Legal Consult.
In 2021, the scholarship had five (5) successful beneficiaries who had their Nigerian Law School tuition fees covered.
Application for the Prada Uzodimma Law School Scholarship Grant (PUSG) 2023 is now OPEN.
Criteria and Eligibility
- Applicant must be a Nigeria Citizen or a lawful permanent resident.
- Applicant must have an LLB Undergraduate degree.
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need through the Sworn Affidavit**
- Applicant must not be related to any members of the Scholarship panel.
- Applicant is required to demonstrate a show of impassioned drive and determination towards becoming a lawyer.
- Applicant must demonstrate a positive impact consistent with capacity and circumstances.
- Applicant must ensure that the correct required document is uploaded as part of their application process, otherwise the application will not be considered.
- The winners agree to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winners or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current federal and state data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
CLICK HERE to apply.
3. Reginald Aziza Leadership in Law scholarship
The Reginald Aziza Leadership in Law scholarship identifies and funds bright but indigent students to the Nigerian Law School. The programme provides them mentorship through their studies at the Law School and then tries to connect them to job and scholarship opportunities for their career development and further education.
See also: Top Law Firms in Nigeria (info, career, intern)
The 5th edition of the Reginald Aziza Leadership in Law School Award had 15 individuals has recipients, featuring students from different universities.
If you know any law student currently in final year or graduate, ready for the next session of the Nigerian Law School, kindly share this page with them. Thank you!
Image Credit: edusko